Kids First is a nationally recognized program designed to educate parents regarding issues children face when their family situation changes.
The Topics Covered include:
- How families experience divorce
- Emotional and behavioral reactions to divorce by children
- Parenting issues relating to specific developmental states
- Stress indicators in children
- Effective communication and problem solving strategies
- How to build a constructive co-parenting relationship
- Financial responsibilities of parenting
- Family violence/child and spousal abuse
- Grandparent issues
- Issues relating to step parenting
- Parental Alienation and its impact on families
- How to develop a parenting plan
How it Works
- Decide on your course. Mail-out? Online? In person?
- For mail-out, click here and purchase the packet. Get it at your doorstep, complete, send it back.
- For in person, click here and view our schedule. Purchase a ticket, print out your confirmation email and bring it on the day of the course.
- For online, follow the steps below!
- Register and sign in.
- Sign-up for instant access to our online approved classes. Parenting options include provisions for a 4, or 6- hour course.
- Price for all classes is $50 / person. We use PayPal and Stripe through Thinkific. PayPal & Stripe accepts payment from either your bank account or credit card. Your transactions are protected by industry-leading fraud prevention measures.
- Start your online course, reading the material and viewing the videos provided.
- Complete the self-paced class from the comfort of your home, office or mobile devices.
- Complete the exams, broken up into sections following a series of lessons.
- You will receive instant notice of passing before moving to the next lesson.
- Receive your certificate. Certificates are available immediately after successfully passing the course through your Thinkific profile. After completing the course you will receive an email as well as you can access the certificate by logging into your account.